Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Rough draft for the feedback form

As I'm working toward the proposal for the feedback system for Dr. Essid, I'm looking for various feedback forms or questions that could be used to effectively evaluate a writing consulting session. Below is something the Academic Skill Center is using, and so far it looks like they have been successful. Of course this will need a lot of re-tailoring to fit the Writing Center. If you have any comment or suggestion, please let me know.

I think that Question 3 to 7 are particularly helpful in evaluating the skills and work ethics of the tutor.

Question 8 to 14 are a great way to determine the writer's improvement as a result of the consulting session.





Tutoring Session Evaluation

Now that you have been tutored in the Academic Skills Center, we are interested in your thoughts on the services that you have received.
Please take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to complete the Academic Skills Center Tutoring Session Evaluation Survey. We appreciate your assistance.
1. In what area were you tutored?

2. If you selected "Other" in question 1, please explain.

3. The tutor helped me understand a subject area (i.e. calculus, biology etc.).

4. The tutor helped me to strengthen my academic skills (i.e. test preparation, critical reading, critical thinking, note-taking, etc.)

5. The tutor was willing to provide a variety of explanations and approaches to help you understand the material.

6. What strategy did you find most beneficial in improving your academic skills:

7. If you selected “Other” in question #6, please explain.

8. As a result of my work in the Academic Skills Center, I was able to (please check all that apply):
Improve my grades
Maintain my academic performance
Resolve a particular need or concern
Establish a goal
Meet a goal
Learn an effective strategy
Improve my ability to manage my time
Identify a resource I needed on or off—campus
Take greater responsibility for my own success
Other (please specify)
9. How helpful do you feel these sessions have been to you?

10. How did you find out about the Academic Skills Center?

11. If you selected "Other" in question 10, please explain.

12. My knowledge and understanding of the subject matter has improved because of my efforts invested in tutoring.
13. My personal studying is more effective because of the time invested in tutoring.
14. I feel more confident about my ability to succeed in this course as a result of my tutoring experience.
15. Name of Tutor:

16. Your name:

17. Please use the space below for additional comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment