Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

4th shadowing experience

It has been such a hectic time that I have had to delay writing my blog posts. Last week was my 4th shadowing experience. The assignment this time was a paper on feminism: how women eating habits perpetuate the in-built stereotypes of the ideal female body in our society. I was very excited to learn more about a new topic. Indeed, each shadowing experience I've had so far was unique. Each dealt with a new, particular issue and a different form of writing. The one thing that made this particular session special was that my consultant was very enthusiastic about the issue. Having studied it herself, she was very active in proposing changes and making suggestion. This time it wasn't mere general, structural advices that she gave, but concrete and specific examples from her personal knowledge. It seemed to have a positive effect on the student writer. Sometimes she marveled at how much my consultant knew. She left the session with many new ideas to revise her paper with.

I also think that if the consultant also possess knowledge on the topic, the session would become much more vivid. It would no longer be a writer-consultant dialogue, but a conversation, a discussion and exchange of knowledge on the topic, in addition to being a consulting session.

No comments:

Post a Comment