Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Self-reflection

This class has been the most engaging for me so far. Unlike any other class, we get to talk about college life and work, as well as how you get your work, namely writing, done in college. The reading is intriguing and raises many questions I want to ask myself. Yet I'm still concerned about how it is going to get me prepared for my imminent job as a writing consultant. I guess we are still at an early stage, but my first shadowing experience really makes me impatient to start working as soon as possible. I also wish I could have more chance to talk with Dr. Essid. Despite such zeal I still feel unprepared. As far as work is concerned, I think I'm keeping up with all the assignments. I have finished the interview with my teacher and am planning on writing the script soon. I'm not anxious about the digital story itself. It might seem intimidating, but I've done it before. Just like writing, once I put my back into it I know I will complete it long before I know it.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with some of what Long mentions here. Although this class is quite engaging and fun, I am still a little wary about how it is really going to help me with being a consultant. However, as I mentioned in my own progress blog, the reading material has been helping me with my writing, and I think we can't be great consultants unless we can find and fix our own writing issues. I also agree that another opportunity to talk to Dr. Essid would be helpful just to get to know him and what he expects a little better.

    ReplyDelete